Sunday, December 5, 2010

before finals post!


"If you choose between two guys, always pick the second one;
if you really loved the first one, you would have never thought of the second one."


"I know there's something between us,
whatever that something is, I know it's there
and I know he knows too."


"No I shouldn't like him. Because I know it's not working,
so I convince myself I don't. And then I see him and he'll smile,
and put his arm around me, or just say anything, and then all that 
logic and convincing myself evaporates."


"I've tired forgetting but that doesn't work. 
So I've come to terms with who you are and 
who you've been. The only thing I wish you 
could see is what you really could be. Your
past doesn't make you decide who you are.
And I know your not sorry, but I've forgiven you."


"I feel like I'm forcing myself to like him, 
to hold on. Like I'm not content with just being on my 
own. Because when I don't like someone there is nothing to
look forward to. Nothing to get me out of bed in the morning and 
look cute. But then again there is no disappointment either."


"You almost convinced me you were gonna stick around, 
but everybody knows, almost doesn't count."


"There are some things that are nothing more than 
what they are; they're not meant to last. They just 
take their place in your heart and make you a little
smarter the next time."


"Someone asked me the other day if my glass
was half empty or half full. I was going to say 
empty, but that's not completely true. My life
isn't void and I have my happy moments, but 
they usually seem to disappear, or get worse.
So, my glass is cracked, yes - cracked. It gets
filled up with happiness and hope, but it always
ends up escaping my grasp. It always ends up
emptying out. It will never be full because 
it's always leaking and one day, it will be thrown 
away, because no one wants a broken glass."


"Every time our eyes meet, this feeling
inside me is almost more than I can take."


"He was in the habit of taking things for granted.
Granted, there wasn't much for him to take.
And the only constant was the constant reminder 
he'd never change."


"We have voices and stories and plans and dreams
and ideas. We have hope we will wake up tomorrow
to a day that has never been known. We are living a life that has
never been lived. We are here for a reason. We exist to love 
and be loved. Life comes back, things do change, storms do pass."


"Don't waste your precious breath explaining
that you are worthwhile."


"Her heart is breaking as she's staring at 
every single girl that walks by, somehow thinking
that they're better than her. Tonight, she'll lie awake,
and tear herself down, because that's what she's best at.
She's just one of those girls that no matter how many times 
she's told, never believes that she's beautiful."


"I'm finally learning that even if the grass
is greener on the other side, it's still 
pretty green over here."


"I know you think of me as just a friend, and that 
crossing that line is the furthest thing from an option
you'd ever consider. But I have to say it... I can't stand
next to you without wanting to hold you. I can't look
into your eyes without feeling that longing you only
read about in trashy romance novels. I can't talk to you 
without wanting to express my lobe for everything you are."


"Chin up, put your shoulders back, walk proud, strut a little.
Don't lick your wounds, celebrate them. The scars you bear are 
the signs of a competitor. You're in a lion fight, just because you 
didn't win, doesn't mean you don't know how to roar."


"Would I say we had history? No, because
that implies that we had something worth remembering.
See, all it was, was a delusional girl, and a boy who 
couldn't being himself to give a damn."

  
"I do not regret the time I spent with you.
No, not at all. Because form all of this, I've
learned a valuable lesson. Don't settle, not ever."


"Always getting what I don't want, 
and always wanting what I can't get."


"I like to daydream, because for a couple
minutes I have a life I wish I had, 
but then I open my eyes to reality."


"If he wanted to, he would right?
Otherwise it' just false hope. But 
then again, he's such a gentleman, 
he'd keep it all inside. Or am I just 
making excuses for him again?"


"Feelings are not suppose to be logical."


"Someday, you do not know when, you will be 
driving down the road and someday, you 
do not know when, you will make a wrong turn.
At the end of the road, when your least expecting 
it, he will be there."


"Sometimes, someone comes along and makes you 
forget someone else. Remember, they're not better, 
they're just different."


"We must know where to stand in someone's 
life, otherwise, we might be giving the best of 
ourselves but receive the worst."


"If you don't live for something, 
you'll die for nothing."


"You didn't get to where you are today 
by worrying about tomorrow."


"Holding a grudge is letting someone
live rent-free in your hand."


"Lucky me, I found the right kind of love 
with the wrong kind of person."


"Just say what you mean and mean what you say. 
Don't expect someone to read your mind.
Don't play games with heads or hearts. Don't 
tell half truths and expect trust. When the full 
truth comes out, half truths are lies with pink ribbons.
Don't be cold to someone you care for. Indifference
hurts more than words."


"And I won't let your heart turn to stone, 
cause when I found you, my heart found home."


"I smile and act like nothing is wrong,
it's called: putting stuff aside and being strong."

"I was fearless, because that's what he wanted me to be.
Maybe it was better to be who he thought I was
than who I thought I was."


"I hate that, I really do, when people use honesty
as a cover for cruelty. You take a moral word like
honest, stick it next to something mean, and you can 
almost make an insult sound righteous. And if we're 
sensitive, we believe those insults. We forget that just 
because something is honest it is not necessarily the truth."


"Sometimes lies, especially the bad ones, 
are like flares thrown our onto the street;
meant as a warning of the accident that is up ahead."


"At any rate, love shouldn't be the answer.
It's not even the big question. It's more...
background music. The perfect background music."


"Here's the thing. About this guy. Sometimes
we are so convinced someone is throwing us a life
preserver that we don't notice that what they are 
actually doing is drowning us."


"Listen, I know these things are hard. If you really don't
want to see this boy anymore, then it's best to keep busy.
When you get time on your hands, that's when your mind
takes advantage. Give it an inch, it takes a mile. Then the phone's
in your hands and you don't know how it got there.
Take it from me, I've been there a thousand times. It's the 
weird, powerful battle."

"A secret. A secret is the heaviest thing in the world."


"She should have been better at losing him.
She'd had enough practice."


"Sometimes it is like your mind has a plan
that it hasn't even told to the rest of you yet."


"An earthquake is never graceful. Pressure
builds, and it's released. You just hope there's 
not too much damage. It makes you realize 
what matters, and to me that's family."


"Here she goes again. She swallows her tears, 
puts her heart on her sleeve, and acts like the girl 
everyone else wants her to be."


"It's just that... I just think that some things are meant to 
be broken. Imperfect. Chaotic. It's the universe's 
way of providing contrast, you know? There have to 
be a few holes in the road. It's how life is."



It's finals week so I thought I'd post a new update before my life is completely filled with studying! Bu hey, I get to go home Thursday night! So pumped! I hope everyone had a great weekend and has an awesome week! Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment